After a crazy holiday weekend of spotty internet (if any) connections, the Bookworm’s Fancy, in conjunction with Richard at Kephrath and Michelle at 1 Book Lover’s Opinion, wrapped up the first ever Readers Meet Authors & Bloggers Spotlight. Here are the lessons that I learned and how to go about improving the concept for the next one.
- Marian Allen is not only an incredible writer but is funny, witty, and kind-hearted.
- Richard Abbot is an indispensable asset.
- Michelle is a workhorse when it comes to promoting books. Anyone who has a book to promote really needs NEEDS NEEDS to get with her.
- Only about 10% of people who sign up to participate actually do.
- Rafflecopter is a nice tool for these types of things. The winners have been chosen and contacted (Mariane and Gwen check your EMAILS!). As soon as I get their replies, I will be getting their prizes out.
- The next spotlight will make use of Google docs for author/book information. After participating in a book blast that used drop box, I am completely sold on this concept.
The next Spotlight that I am planning will be in December. If you are interested in participating, please sign up here or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Spotlight. As a group, we will choose the indie author sometime early October, which will give all of us the rest of October and November to compile reviews.
Links to all Marian Allen Articles
- The Bookworm’s Review of ‘The Fall of Onagros” by Marian Allen at the Examiner.com
- 1 Book Lover’s Opinion’s interview of Marian Allen
- Readers Meet Authors and Bloggers Spotlight page
- Readers Meet Authors and Bloggers on Google+
- Richard Abbott’s interview with Marian Allen
- Richard Abbott’s review of “The Fall of Onagros” by Marian Allen
- Marian’s guest post about mythical creatures on Jo Robinson’s blog
- The Bookworm’s review of “Force of Habit”
- The Bookworm’s interview with Marian Allen
- Marian’s guest post on The Bookworm’s Fancy on loving reading
- Marian Allen’s Website